[K12OSN] DISPLAY variable.

Dear Sir,

I had a strange problem as my DISPLAY variable is showing nothing on my ltsp server as well as client nodes !!

[root k12ltsp root]# echo $DISPLAY

[bimal k12ltsp bimal]$ echo $DISPLAY

and because of this i am unable to execute a few programs like...

[bimal k12ltsp bimal]$ xhost + 10.10.2.3
xhost:  unable to open display ""

so i tried to set the variable(DISPLAY=:0.0) and exported it but then another issue cropped-up, as after this setting
if any of the thin client logs-out, he is unable to log-in again as it says...

"Your login lasts for less than 10 sec...." and did not let anyone to get in!!

has anyone faced the same or any  suggestion what to do???

thanks for any pointer.

regards,

Bimal Pandit

NOTE:-