Re: [K12OSN] How to choose alternate gateway?

On Friday 08 July 2005 11:02 am, John Baillie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm downloading iso's at the moment.
>
> We have two separate Internet connections. Can I point rsync to use a
> gateway other than the computers default so I can utilize all available
> bandwidth? If so how. At any rate I'm googling around and I bet I'll
> find it eventually...

Are the two gateways in the same IP range?  If so, you just type

route add -host 198.236.66.48 gw xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

if not, then you need to add a route to the network before you can add a route
to the host.

> I'll send you a six pack of virtual beers if you beat me to it!

Did I beat you?  Can I drink those virtual beers now?  Shoot, why ask.  MMMMM!

> Thanks,

hth

--scott