Re: [K12OSN] local USB devices (flash drive) on K12LTSP 4.4

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005, Jim McQuillan wrote:

David,

I'm not sure just what Eric has incorporated into k12ltsp, but in
straight ltsp, hotplug usb memory sticks are working great.  we're still
having some issues with floppies and cdroms that sometimes look like a
file in Nautilus, instead of a folder.

K12LTSP is running straight LTSP 4.1.1.

K12LTSP does include a tweak to the mtools/floppyd configuration
that lets it work with USB memory sticks. Try inserting a thumb drive
into a terminal and click on the "Floppy Drive" icon.

BUT, Scott and I have been working hard on this everynight for the past
week, and we're making great progress.  We should have something ready
for general testing within the next couple of weeks. And whatever we
come up with should drop easily onto a k12ltsp system.

Of course the next release of LTSP will be packaged up and included in K12LTSP as well... ;-)

-Eric