[K12OSN] Thin Client

Omar Olivos olivos at markham.edu.pe
Sun Jul 10 01:53:43 UTC 2005

Hi,

In a recent meeting at my school we were discussing Thin Client
technology. Some people in the meeting were under the impression that
Thin Client technology is old and is not used anymore by 'big' schools.
(We have two sections with more than 600 students in each section). Or
if it used it is not done successfully. It was very difficult for me to
convince them other wise. I have been using K12LTSP in a computer lab
and with a small number of children and talked about the benefits but
evidence of 'real' success was requested. Anybody on the list could
contact me with any 'big' school that is using thin client technology
'successfully'?  So that I can actually 'prove' that K12LTSP is a very
good option.

Thanks for your help,

Omar Olivos