Re: [K12OSN] local USB devices (flash drive) on K12LTSP 4.4

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005, Gavin Chester wrote:

On Sat, 2005-07-09 at 10:17 -0700, Eric Harrison wrote:
On Sat, 9 Jul 2005, Jim McQuillan wrote:
-snip-

K12LTSP does include a tweak to the mtools/floppyd configuration
that lets it work with USB memory sticks. Try inserting a thumb drive
into a terminal and click on the "Floppy Drive" icon.

I've not worked out how to access this feature on a desktop sans icons, as comes with Xfce. I guess IceWM users would have the same issue without desktop icons. So, how _do_ I access removable from terminal utilising the tweaks you wrote to make it easy, Eric?

The "floppy icon" just runs MToolsFM. So create a launcher (or whatever they happen to call it in Xfce) for that application and you should be good to go.

-Eric