[K12OSN] symbolic link not visible when logging in using ftp

I have one folder "School Intranet" with full access permission. Its address
is "/home/School Intranet". I have created a soft link to it from my home
directory. When I log in directly to K12LTSP I can see the link in my home
directory when I click it I go to the right place.

It is also set up as an SMB share and all windows users at the school can
access it without problems.

However when I login to ftp using my username and password, I can see all
the contents of my home directory but not "School Intranet".

What do I have to do so that I can access this file through ftp?

The idea is that teachers can log in from home and upload or download files
to and from this shared directory as well as from their home directories.