[K12OSN] Fedora Directory Server? Who has seen it?

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Sun Jul 10 20:06:25 UTC 2005

I am currently using FDS in a test environment, having held off on a migration
from an aging Netscape Directory server to OpenLDAP for the past two
years.  It
looks like that delay paid off :)  FDS has a Java GUI for management (which I
like, because I'm familiar with it) but also all the standard LDAP CLI
tools as
well.  It has true multi-master support, so a single server doesn't constitute
a single point of failure, like you would have with a master->slave
replication
scenario, where you lost the master server.

You might find the following thread helpful, from a recent discussion
on the FDS
users list:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-directory-users/2005-July/msg00044.html

Kevin