Re: [K12OSN] I need opinions....backup idea for when Terminal server down and I'm not around

Jim McQuillan wrote:

Hmm,  hot-pluggable, but not redundant?  /me wonders what's the point.
if a non-redundant power supply fails, everything goes cold  :)

But, you make excellent points, and I agree completely.

/you wonders with reasonable cause - obviously not nearly as good as redundant. But if hot-pluggable then you can have a spare sitting on the shelf and switch easily, probably without a screwdriver, thus replacement involves significantly less down-time and could be done by a non-technical person.

Chris

  Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021