[K12OSN] to be el or to be fedora

well, it is the summer, and I always wipe and reload the server. I am trying to figure out the sound on my thin clients, which work when I load suse 9.1 directly onto a hard drive I stick in the thin client. I would rather work with K12LTSP of one flavour or another.

I know the crystal sound cards (on board) work with suse, so that should mean I could get them working with K12LTSP, right?

Which flavour should I use? the EL centos version, or the Fedora Core 4 version?

Why would I choose one version over the other? What is the advantage of centos vs Fedora Core 4?

Enquiring minds want to know.  Please advise