Re: [K12OSN] locking down system

On Monday 11 July 2005 18:51, rmcdaniel indata us wrote:
> Is K12LTSP easy to lock down things like menu bars, background, etc.  I
> want to setup a default for the students so that the teachers won't
> call me complaining about the Hooter's backgrounds.

For KDE have a look here http://www.openhgs.org/it.cgi/AllServers
and here http://enterprise.kde.org/articles/korporatedesktop.php
and here http://enterprise.kde.org/articles/kiosk-lp.php
and here
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/dot/servicemenus.html
and here http://www.oreilly.com/pub/h/3156

dunno about gnome or icewm.
--
Regards
Martin Woolley

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster bgfl org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation