[K12OSN] RAM amount issue and the Linux kernel

Hi Everyone,
Catch me up on the linux RAM issue on how much it (the kernel) can address ? Will 4.4 address 4 GIG or do I need to stay with 3 GIG ?

FYI for the poeple shopping for servers and designing k12ltsp setups.
I am in the middle of 70 client install spread across three servers. Not monster servers. I have 3 IBM x206 servers with Ultra320 SCSI 36GIG 15k drives and 3 or 4 GIG of RAM hence my above question. I think the single processors are 3.4Ghz. Gig nic for the LTSP side and 100 mb/fd for the other. Last year we ran 22 off a 2.4Ghz with 2 GIG of RAM and ICE nicely. For those poeple shocked at duel processor prices, spend your cash on RAM and I/O. If anyone is interested I will post more on performance, but it will be hard to tell until kids get back.

Tom Ventresco