RE: [K12OSN] K12ltsp and Novell 5.1

> Looks like this year we will be keeping our Novell 5.1
> server. (Oh joy). We are also going to add a K12LTSP lab.  My
> question is has anyone tried to authenticate against a Novell
> 5.1 server?  It appears to be running a version of LDAP, not
> sure which at the moment.  Ditching the Novell server is not
> an option this year. (but a nice, new samba/ldap server would
> do the trick!)  I need to have the flexibility of allowing
> the kids to log into either the windows lab or the linux lab.

Since you can't ditch the Novell setup, just install a SMB/LDAP server
and auth everyone to it.  Then let the Novell run in the server room and
just tell everyone that is what they are using :-)

Sorry, that doesn't help does it.  Just for that I'll try to help some.

A quick google search brought this up
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/appnote/6019.html
But that looks like you need Novell 6.0 or later to work.

I see this website had someone post about using Novell 5.1, if all else
fails you could try to contact them.  The email that posted was
desmond dunhess com au

Good luck