Re: [K12OSN] FTP redirect?

Jim McQuillan wrote:
I always setup separate names for imap, pop, smtp, even though they may
currently all resolve to the same IP address.

Yes yes... but hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20. I would rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty fork than try to teach my staff that they have to put ftp. in front of the servername. (Yeah, I had a bad year last year...)

I can't NFS mount home, because I have /home populated locally with Maildir folders on the mailserver. I *don't* want people to have direct access to Maildir in their home folders, because they tend to delete the folder (I didnt' put that there syndrome).

I think I am just going to have ftp not work internally. I don't have enough summer left to do MX stuff. (I have to learn to administer an xserve this summer, which is NOT going well... I just locked myself out of the server before I left from work today... Any OSX server gurus are welcome to contact me offlist if they have any advice for setting up my new 10.4.1 xserve... ugh)

Thanks for all the input,
-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers