[K12OSN] su to root using FreeNX

I log in to K12Ltsp server with my username and password. I then open a terminal and type su

It prompts me for root password. I enter the correct password. I find myself back with my users account as if I never typed su

Why would this be happening? If I put the wrong password it tells me wrong password. I think it was working before.

Any help?