[K12OSN] winbind

I was using winbind to log in using windows ad accounts for a while with no problems, then after an update to the fedora server a few days ago logins using a.d. accounts failed repeatedly.  Oddly if I issue the wbinfo - u right before trying to log in;  the lo gin with an a.d. account succeds.  I'm curious if anyone else has been experiencing this problem.

I'm also curious how others approach updates to their fedora boxes; especially production servers.  My experience has left me with a feeling of "once it's working; don't mess with it"

?