[K12OSN] MD5 to DES (for osx)

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Jul 13 14:01:50 UTC 2005

> Now I can't get /home to mount at /home -- but I'll keep
> plugging away
> at it. :)
>
> (My users CAN authenticate via NIS now, I just have to figure
> out how to
> mount /home)

Check out my tutorial for Authenticating OSX to a linux LDAP server.
Most of this won't mean crap for what your doing so skip to Section 3
and Section 4.  This should handle getting your OSX server to automount
/home from your Linux box.  Since the tutorial was written for
authenticating to a SMB/LDAP server I refer to LDAP server a lot, just
ignore that and use the IP of your Linux box.  Oh yeah, the standard if
this breaks your server its not my fault disclaimer applies :-)

Hope that helps.