[K12OSN] Rsync and NFS install questions

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Jul 13 16:13:47 UTC 2005

> rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::K12LTSP-beta/* .

Just one quick stupid question here.  After the first time I download
the isos and checksum with the above command, all I have to do in the
future is run the same command from within the same directory and my
file will update with the newest version right?

The reason I ask is it just doesn't make sense to me how rsync is going
to know after 4.4.0-pre2 that it should update those files to just
4.4.0.  Or do I have to rename the K12LTSP-4.4.0-pre2-discx.iso files to
K12LTSP-4.4.0-discx.iso (or whatever the release file is named) before
running the rsync command?

Ah heck, while I am at it, once these are downloaded what do I have to
do to be able to NFS install from them?  Do I need to expand the ISO
files somehow or just leave them as is.  I know how to export the folder
with NFS, just not what the files in the share should look like.

Thanks

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
507-453-5188