Re: [K12OSN] Sound Compaq Deskpro

Robert E. Gomberg wrote:

I have dutifully searched the internet for the process of making the sound card on a client computer work and I am still sort of lost.

Do we assume that with the 4.2 distribution that the sound server is loaded and running as a default?

I get sound at the server.

I am using six Compaq Deskpro DPEND P450+ machines that have onboard something called Creative Labs Soundblaster Audio PCI 128.

I have configured the lts.conf to:

SOUND = “Y”

SOUND_DAEMON = “nasd”

SMODULE_01 = “sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1”

When the client boots it accepts the configuration.

But sound does not seem to work.

Thanks, Robert