[K12OSN] Re: SMB/LDAP Groups Issue (David Trask)

> Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:03:57 -0400
> From: "David Trask" <dtrask vcsvikings org>
> Subject: Re: [K12OSN] SMB/LDAP Groups Issue
>
> I've often found that some things in LDAP require a reboot to
> intialize....why?  I have no idea...Matt and I chewed on this for a while,
> but it worked after reboot...so .....

I believe that PAM needs to be reinitialized after the PAM
configuration has changed, and that's why a new LDAP server system
needs to reboot before it can authenticate to its own LDAP server.
Surely there's a way to reinitialize PAM without rebooting, but
I don't know what it is.

--matt