Re: [K12OSN] copy system to another computer

neither the computer or the hard disk will be the same in the new computer, both will be better.the instuctions so far are as so:
1. piggy back the new hard disk into the computer as a "slave"
2. insert install cd and type "linux rescue" at the boot prompt (without quotes).
3. my old hard disk is hda1, my new harddisk will be hda2, so type "dd if=/dev/hda1 of=/dev/hda2" (without quotes).
4. drink a six pack :)
5. after dd is finshed reboot
6. run system-config-network from a terminal to change name and ip address.

i think i can handle that so far but i don't think it will work on a hard disk that not the same size because of the partion info. could you please explain further how to copy the system to a new computer if the computer and harddisk are different???