[K12OSN] No Volume Control Elements and/or devices found

Every thin-client login is producing this error message. A quick search of the archives shows at least one other person asking about the same issue but no responses. I'm using K12LTSP 4.4 Pre 1. Does anyone know what this is and how to make it go away?

--
C-ya,
Mark