Re: [K12OSN] No Volume Control Elements and/or devices found

Mark,

Check your permissions on /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer. If your user doesn't have rw permission you will get permission denied.
As root, chmod u+rw /dev/dsp /dev/mixer will get the permissions correct and should get rid of the error message.

Jesse McDonnell

PS: I have found that, at least for Realplayer, even when permissions are correct, I *still* have to first run Realplayer once as root before it will work for users.

Well, that made the error message go away, but I still have no sound on a terminal that worked perfectly with 4.2. No sound with Flash, no sound with QuickTime, no sound with TuxType. Nuthin. Any other ideas?

--
C-ya,
Mark