[K12OSN] copying mail, but keeping new Evolution/spamassassin settings?

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Mon Jul 18 22:51:02 UTC 2005

ssanders at coin.org wrote:
> hi all, i did a 4.2.1 fresh install, then FTPed /home directories over,
> as well as /etc/groups (i had recreated the users on the new install).
> on the fresh install, spamassassin was working agressively, ready to be
> taught.  the old /home directories had a very old, manually
> installed/configured spamassassin, long before K12OSN.  it had not been
> working very well, hence the desire to have a fresh install.
>
> i did not overwrite .spamassassin, in an effort to keep the new stuff
> there. however, it is not flagging stuff agressively as it was. any
> suggestions?

Have you tried running sa-learn with the sync switch, or the many others
that could be relevant?  man sa-learn is pretty extensive.

That said, the same thing happened to me after a major update of SA.
Following years of frontline service, by filters were trained like
champs.  Something above my head changed with the update.  Retraining
through sa-learn helped, but not enough.

Your post led me to dig around.  An installation of the webmin
spamassassin module re-introduced me to pyzor, razor, and something
called DCC.  A few quick aptitude install *, and these have been the
best few mornings in quite a while.

For FC4

http://www.freespamfilter.org/FC4.html

--scott