Re: [K12OSN] Used Hardware

Robert...

I bought 2 quad 550 xeons with 4 gig of ram off Ebay. One of them is serving up
files like a champ at school. It is our Moodle server among other things. The
other is at home, and the backplane failed after I had it 2 months or so. I am
running one scsi drive straight off the motherboard, and am bypassing the backplane.

I guess this is a qualified recommendation.

They were Dell 6350s, and linux installed quite well. There were no "gotchas."

The servers were $500 each with shipping of $85 or so. They came with fiber cards.

I would do it again. The machine at school is _really_ nice to have in the
server rack.

Regards...   Tom