[K12OSN] Changes to dhcpd.conf for PCMCIA Booting

Ben Murphy benjamin.murph at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 15:52:26 UTC 2005

I'm working with laptops to try and create a mobile terminal services
network. I've gotten the laptops to boot using PXE to the point at
which the terminal receives the kernel from the server. At this point,
I get a kernel panic error that says the network device cannot be
detected and that changes need to be made to dhcpd.conf. I'm using
PCMCIA ethernet devices. What changes should be made? It mentions
option-129 and specifying a NIC, does that simply mean adding a driver
and "pointing" to its location?

Thank you,
Ben Murphy