[K12OSN] No Volume Control Elements and/or devices found

Gideon Romm ltsp at symbio-technologies.com
Tue Jul 19 17:01:00 UTC 2005

Mark-

try launching gstreamer-properties and make output ESD and input OSS

and test the sound.

Newer versions of Gnome (and KDE) have started to use gstreamer as a
common intermediary layer between the sound output of the applications
and the sound hardware.  Also, check that you have all of the esound
libraries installed on the server (thru YUM/APT).

Keep us posted...

-Gadi