[K12OSN] Changes to dhcpd.conf for PCMCIA Booting

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Jul 19 20:47:38 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 11:42, Ben Murphy wrote:

> That's kind of disappointing, but thank you. Will PCMCIA support be
> included in later builds of LTSP?

I'm curious as to how you got that far.  What laptop/card combo was
able to load a kernel with PXE?

Meanwhile, if they have CD's you can boot knoppix into runlevel 2 or
3 and start 'X -query server' to get a remote desktop.  Or the
pxelinux boot cd might work.

On a slightly related note: has anyone tried to set up grub for
network booting?  I saw something a while back that made me think
you could PXE or etherboot grub instead of a kernel - or load it
from a local disk, then have a menu that would allow either a
local or network boot to continue.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com