[K12OSN] when is release happening?

Liam Marshall lsrpm-1 at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 20 04:25:48 UTC 2005

Liam Marshall wrote:

> not to rush someone who is obviously busy, and doing a wonderful job,
> but any idea when the final version of either the el or the core4 is
> going to be out
> I want to start loading my server soon
>
> by the way, if I wipe and reload virtually every summer, is there any
> particular advantage to el over core4 version?
>
> and does the el version come with ktouch/other educational games?
>
> thanks so much.  Sorry for being a pain

I would appreciate a definitive answer/opinion on the pros and cons of
going with either the centos EL version, or the Fedora Core 4 version.
Life cycle/support is not really an issue as in our environment I pretty
much wipe and reload from scratch every summer.  If a better mousetrap
comes out during the year, I will get it the following summer

This is what I do know.  Using the 4.4 pre1 iso's  I have loaded a test
server.  Connections from thin clients are fine, and with a little
tweak, sound is finally working on the thin clients, at least for the
non web apps.  Ktouch has changed a little( no statistics option like
the old one) but all the programs I need are there, or I can download
(StarOffice, etc)

I am happy with things the way they are but would appreciate knowing
when we can expect the final version of this release to be available.  I
can't begin to imagine all the work that has been accomplished on this,
and I really appreciate the effort put in.  This is a fantastic
product!  I just want to get my hands on it and load the server so I can
stop thinking about it for a while, and take a real holiday.

Thanks in advance for any opinions/advise/eta