Re: [K12OSN] No Volume Control Elements and/or devices found

Check and see if the sound server is enabled in Gnome....if it
is...disable it. All it really does is produce the bings and bongs for
system alerts, but in my experience it will prevent many sound apps from
working at all. Disable the sound server and then try...things may work
now (you may need to reboot).

I use nasd and IceWM and have had sound in Flash, all apps, all players,
and Firefox for quite some time now.  I have yet to try sound in K12LTSP
4.4, but I will the first week in August.  If you guys get something else
working...document it to save me the headache  *please?*

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcsvikings org
(207)923-3100

Nope. The Gnome sound server is not turned on. Just for grins I turned in on. Still nothing. Anyone else have any ideas? I had sound working on 4.2 using NASD with Gnome, IceWM, and KDE. Same server, same terminal, no sound.

--
C-ya,
Mark