RE: [K12OSN] OT - Open Source Kiosk Solutions

Everything I have seen in Linux is always for a kiosk with a browser.
So how do you develop the app for this? Is this usually just done with
a flash animation or something? I don't really want internet access at
these terminals. Just a menu driven system to navigate between 5 or 10
screens with information. Maybe a better question is what format do
most >use for the presentation to be played in Firefox in an open source kiosk? >(Flash, php, html,
etc)

First, these two kiosks are not thins. A distro is loaded on the local drive.
There is not a new app here, just a web browser and web pages. Use what ever web technology you wish ;) We use mostly PHP and plain old HTML. A nice FLASH navigation buttons would work. The idea here was to be able to reproduce the setup for other kiosks and updaye them remotely.
Stay tuned I will gather the particulars.

Tom V.