[K12OSN] Linux Directory Permissions -- Help me clean up my mess

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Thu Jul 21 19:39:55 UTC 2005

Hello all,
    I accidentally changed the permissions of all the directories in
/home to be owned by "root."  can someone tell me how to change the
"owner" back to the individual user.  Perhaps a bash script (which I
know nothing about) that will scan /home and change the the owner to the
name of the directory?  Example:  directory aabrown should be owned by
aabrown.  Any help would be appreciated.

--

C-ya,
Mark