[K12OSN] Re: PXEgrub notes

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Fri Jul 22 19:48:28 UTC 2005

If we are talking about making it an option in grub to boot the
workstation as a thin-client, we do this in one of our labs that
tri-boots as a windows stand-alone, a debian stand-alone, or a thin
client.  All that we did was to get a hold of a bootable image (either
from rom-o-matic or the UBF, I forget which after a year), placed it in
/boot, and addded a LTSP line in grub.conf (menu.1st) that pointed to
the image.

We already had a distro installed on the hd, so editing grub was easy.
If this is what you seek to do, I can get more specific info when I am
at the lab tomorrow.  If I missed something, sorry.

--scott