Re: [K12OSN] Re: PXEgrub notes

If we are talking about making it an option in grub to boot the workstation as a thin-client, we do this in one of our labs that tri-boots as a windows stand-alone, a debian stand-alone, or a thin client. All that we did was to get a hold of a bootable image (either from rom-o-matic or the UBF, I forget which after a year), placed it in /boot, and addded a LTSP line in grub.conf (menu.1st) that pointed to the image.

We already had a distro installed on the hd, so editing grub was easy. If this is what you seek to do, I can get more specific info when I am at the lab tomorrow. If I missed something, sorry.

--scott