Re: [K12OSN] 4.4.0 upgrade

Ted Kanemori wrote:

I reloaded the "test" system with 4.0.1 and "upgraded" it to 4.4.0.
I've done the yum update and upgrade.
1. The server desktop looks very much like the 4.0.1 desktop and that's
okay.

You can run this command to switch your existing users from the 4.0.x-style desktop to the 4.2.x & 4.4.x style desktop:

	/opt/ltsp/templates/k12linux/reset-all-desktops

2. Plugging the flash drive into the server has the flash drive icon showing
up on the clients and that's okay.

3. When the students plug their individual thumb drive in their client and
start floppy access, there is no "U" drive.
MToolsFM is at 1.9-3.
On the client hooked up to the "upgraded" 4.4.0 server, floppy access shows
only "Harddisk" and "A".
The student can save to the floppy but there is no flash drive to save to.

On the client hooked up to the "scratch install" 4.4.0 server, floppy access
showed "Harddisk", "A" and "U".
In this case. the student can save to their floppy or flash drive.

Do I need to do something else to get "U" to show up in "floppy access" on
the upgraded system?

Looks like you need to nuke the old mtools config file in each user's home directory. Start off by testing your own account:

	rm -f ~/.mtoolsfm

and log out & log back in. If it works as expected, then this command
will do the same for all of your users:

	rm -f /home/*/.mtoolsfm

-Eric