Re: [K12OSN] Setting memory limits in lts.conf

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005, John Baillie wrote:

Has anyone heard of, or tried the following?

" I strongly suggest you set suitable memory limits in /etc/security/limits.conf. I use:

@users soft rss 512000
@users soft memlock 256000
@users soft as 768000
# Set to 7168 by RH defaults
# users soft nproc 5000

Just to stop users from forkbombing the system accidentally, or a
runaway process from eating all the physical RAM and forcing the system
into heavy swapping. It works extremely well. Adapt the above, of
course, to your memory allocations etc. "

You can also edit /etc/sysconfig/k12ltsp-limits and set K12LTSP_LIMITS="YES"

-Eric