[K12OSN] [OT]router howto

This is slightly off topic, but I thought I'd ask as this list is usually very helpful. I am having trouble trying to setup a generic fc4 or centos4 into a network router. eth0 goes out to the internet and eth1 goes to the internal network. Internal systems can get an ip from the server and can ping the server, but they cannot ping anything on the internet such as yahoo.com. I tried enabling ip_forward in /etc/sysctl and tried comparing settings with a SME server, but I can't figure out what I am missing. Any suggestions on what I should check next?

Thanks,

Dale