Re: [K12OSN] default desktop config

On Sun, 2005-07-24 at 20:25 -0500, Liam Marshall wrote:

snip -->

> Is there a way to do that into wherever the default directory is so that
> when I create the users with the webmin batch install it does the
> StarOffice thing for all the newly created users?
>
> I know this is asking alot but I hope there is someone out there who can
> help me
>
> Thanks in advance

The directory you are referring to is /etc/skel

but I do not think your StarOffice settings are going to stick. There is
other magic at play there. I would like to deploy OO ver 2.0 beta but I
have not had much luck freeing up the users from having to go through
the setup routine. Personally, I'd love to know how to customize OO /
Star and be able to make changes globally.

There are other customizations that don't stick from skel, FireFox for
instance.

I think if you make changes to skel and then run the resest-all-desktops
script, the changes are pushed out to your existing users as well as all
newly created users. Handy for tweaking.

John