[K12OSN] copy system to another computer

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon Jul 25 18:19:50 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 11:59, mike webb wrote:
> Les Mikesell YOU DUH MAN!!!!!
> Matt Oquist YOU DUH MAN TOO!!!!
>
> thanks for the help guys, i've got it working now, matt provided the last missing pieces, i couldn't figure out what "LABEL" meant in redhat (fstab,grub.conf) or that whole grub thingy. matts txt file got me though that.

The grub syntax is weird because it isn't restricted to Linux and
doesn't use the Linux conventions for drive/partition names.

You have your choice of changing the fstab/grub.conf names or
adding the expected labels to your cloned partitions with e2label.
The down side of using labels is that duplicates confuse the boot
process so if you have your cloned drive connected to the
source computer you won't be able to reboot until it is removed.
It also prevents you from moving drives around for data recovery
or similar reasons.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com