Re: [K12OSN] Homework DropBox Idea

How about just emailing the assignment? If that is not possible, other posters have given good suggestions regarding the drop box. The only thing I'd add is the "sticky bit" to the folder.
A better solution, though slightly less convenient, is to set the perms on each students home dir to 770. If you are using the default Fedora/Redhat user setup, then each user also had a new default group created in which they are the only user. Maybe each student's group should have their teacher (or possibly all staff) added to it so they can view their files at any time for any reason. This would also make it possible for a teacher to "pickup" assignments, rather than for students to hand them in. Like I said, less convenient, but it is simpler and less prone to cheating attempts.