[K12OSN] Active Directory - SMB/LDAP Switch

Brian Chivers brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk
Wed Jul 27 11:27:17 UTC 2005

Kevin Verheyen wrote:
> I would be interested too in looking into these's reg files :-)
>
> Kevin
>

> Op 27-jul-05, om 13:02 heeft Brian Chivers het volgende geschreven:
>

>> Mark Gumprecht wrote:

>>> Does anyone have a howto on redirect or a url?
>>> Thanks
>>> Mark
>>>

>> Which bit you do want to know to do.
>>
>> I can send you our reg files that I use to redirect My Doc's to  there
>> home drives
>>
>> Brian

Just looked through what my login script etc actually do and it's not a reg entry that alter the My
Doc's it's actually my KIX login script that alters the location.

I can let you all have this if you like but looking at it the reg hive below is what it alters. If
you look at the section "Personal" it is pointed to p:\\ which is the drive I map for the users home
dir. If you look through you could alter loads of stuff like where Favourites etc are saved, which I
might start doing.

Brian

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]
"AppData"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\brian.TANGIER.000\\Application Data"
"Cookies"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\brian.TANGIER.000\\Cookies"
"Desktop"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\brian.TANGIER.000\\Desktop"
"Favorites"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\brian.TANGIER.000\\Favorites"
"NetHood"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\brian.TANGIER.000\\NetHood"
"Personal"="p:\\"
"My Pictures"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\brian.TANGIER.000\\My Documents\\My Pictures"
"PrintHood"=""
"Recent"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\brian.TANGIER.000\\Recent"
"SendTo"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\brian.TANGIER.000\\SendTo"
"Start Menu"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\brian.TANGIER.000\\Start Menu"
"Templates"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\brian.TANGIER.000\\Templates"
"Programs"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\brian.TANGIER.000\\Start Menu\\Programs"
"Startup"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\brian.TANGIER.000\\Start Menu\\Programs\\StartUp"
"Local Settings"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\brian.TANGIER.000\\Local Settings"
"Local AppData"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\brian.TANGIER.000\\Local Settings\\Application Data"
"Cache"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\brian.TANGIER.000\\Local Settings\\Temporary Internet Files"
"History"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\brian.TANGIER.000\\Local Settings\\History"
"Fonts"="C:\\WINNT\\Fonts"
"Administrative Tools"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\brian\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Administrative Tools"