Re: [K12OSN] SME & LDAP

Brian Chivers wrote:

Jason Ingalls wrote:

I'm setting up an SME server for use as a student webmail server. We already
have an existing LDAP server (RHEL 4), is there any way to make SME
authenticate against our already existing LDAP for email user accounts??

Thanks,

You should be able to do this using the pam_ldap & nss_ldap packages.

On our Suse 9.1 server it's just a config in YASY or Fedora core I just ran "setup" and then went into the authentication section and set things up.

Brian

That sounds fine , but I dont believe it will work for sme as how would the user directories be created. All the web mail /imap folders are created by the subroutines when a user is created in the server-manager.
Dean