[K12OSN] Re: [Ltsp-discuss] HP DJ USB printer issue

Try changing PRINTER_0_TYPE to P On Jul 27, 2005, at 4:29 AM, DashKappei wrote:

I set up a linux terminal server (using LTSP-4.1) on a FC3 linux box. PXE booting works very well and when system is loaded into client memory, users can log into the terminal server.
I have a lot of problems with an usb printer (hp deskjet 3550) attached to a workstation: simply...it doesn't print anything :(((
I decided to use the kernel 2.4.26-lstp-3 for my purposes.

Here's my /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf:

[Default]
    SERVER = 192.168.100.201
    XSERVER = auto
    X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL = "PS/2"
    X_MOUSE_DEVICE = "/dev/psaux"
    X_MOUSE_RESOLUTION = 400
    X_MOUSE_BUTTONS = 3
    USE_XFS = N
    SCREEN_01 = startx
    SCREEN_02 = shell
    XkbLayout = it
    MODULE_01 = usb-uhci # because I got an error if I use usb-ohci
    MODULE_02 = printer
    PRINTER_0_DEVICE = /dev/usb/lp0
    PRINTER_0_TYPE = S

After logging-in the TS machine, I tried (as root - and I'd like to know if there's a way to automate printer configuration depending on the IP of the client which connects to the TS) to configure the printer queue in this way:
Device-> AppSocket/HP JetDirect
Device_URI-> socket://IP_OF_THE_CLIENT:9100
Model-> Raw Queue

but it doesn't work.
I also tried to specify, as a driver, the option "HP New DeskJet Series CUPS v1.1" but...Nothing...No pages printed.

Can anybody help me?
You should also consider that the workstations don't have the same printer: every client has its own printer model, so I must find a way to automate the setting of the printers, depending on the address of the client.
I mean: if an user connects from 192.168.100.10, then the TS machine shows him only the usb/lpt printers attached to 100.10, if an user connects from 192.168.100.11 then the TS shows him only the usb/lpt printers attached to 100.11 and so on.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.