Re: [K12OSN] re: IDEALX [samba] Management Console (Jim Kronebusch)

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
Yes, it does. I just slapped this onto a 4.2.1 box last (this?) week and had great success. I can give you remote login access to the box if you're interested in test-driving it.

I had to 'yum install rrdtool' and then install the 3 RPMs, and everything worked great after I did a quick search 'n replace in whatever config file it uses (I forget).

I'll probably be trying this on a 4.4.0-whatever box next week, so I can let you know how it goes for me then.

I keep thinking I get this running and then BAM! It doesn't work.  Now I
get 500 internal server errors, the service starts with some weird "Not
a GLOB reference" error at line 454 or SSL.pm, the login link on the
home page brings up a blank page, just weird stuff.  I wonder if this
just isn't compatable with FC4 yet.  I try to rpm -e imc-1.2.50 to
reinstall and it says "error reading information on service imc: no such
file or directory" "error: %postun (imc-1.2.50-1.i386) scriptlet failed,
exit status 1"

But /etc/init.d/imc start starts the service with the above error.

Has anyone given this a whirl on FC4?

You should check out the idealx mailing list for IMC there is some talk on there about FC4

Brian

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily the views of Portsmouth College