Re: [K12OSN] [OT] Firewire or USB2 in a softRAID setup

Shawn Powers wrote:
(2) 300GB drives internally (IDE)
(4) 300GB firewire drives
(2) 300GB USB2 drives

Hmm... just got this link from someone. Maybe I'll rip the drives out of the enclosures, and just do this:

http://www.serverelements.com/naslite.php

I worry about fault tolerance though. What happens if a drive fails in a JBOD configuration with software raid?

-Shawn
--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director