[K12OSN] mythtv and ltsp

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 21:08:30 UTC 2005

There was some talk about using mythtv on this list a
while back.  I'm wondering if anybody has done it
successfully and could offer any advice.

Searching around, I came across this site which runs
the mythtv front end as a local app on the terminals.
http://www.myltsptv.org/en/

Seems to me that the front end should be able to run
on the server, and just be accessed by the terminals.
I'm not too concerned about bandwidth problems,
because I'll only be using 2 terminals simultaneously
at the most.  Usually it will probably be only 1
terminal in use for watching recorded videos.

If anybody's got experience with this, please speak
up!  Thanks

-Rob