[K12OSN] Dual boot using separate hard drives

David Whitmer dwblue02 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 22:41:10 UTC 2005

--- "John P. Conlon" <jconlon1 at elp.rr.com> wrote:

> My concern is that I need Grub on the C: or first
> booting hard drive
> which will be where windows will be at.  I don't
> really want to mess
> with windows loaders.

John,

Here's a link to an article in Linux Journal about
Grub.  The article includes a walk-through on creating
a Grub boot floppy to use when you want to boot up in
Linux (and then leave the floppy out to boot into
Windows).

http://www2.linuxjournal.com/lj-issues/issue85/4622.html

I'd especially recommend checking out the article's
comment section for a comment called "linux boots from
floppy but not hard drive" posted on 5/11/2005.  The
comment's author lists a copy of his grub menu that he
used to boot into FC3 when the floppy was in the
drive.

HTH,
David Whitmer