[K12OSN] Saving money on memory

Dave Hopkins dahopkins at comcast.net
Thu Jun 2 23:19:31 UTC 2005

Not necessarily advocating them, but check out asacomputers.com.  You
can get very close to your $2200.00 limit with dual cpus (in either
xeons or opterons), 4GB memory, dual nics for some of the
configurations.  However, I don't know how you would get hardware RAID
and still keep the price below $2200.00, but ... who knows.  I know that
some on the list have custom built systems as well for around this price.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins