[K12OSN] Dual boot using separate hard drives

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Fri Jun 3 13:13:30 UTC 2005

The advantage of tweaking the Windows boot loader to provide the boot menu is that it
leaves the Windows boot loader in place, whereas installing grub replaces it.  If the
additional line you've added to the boot.ini doesn't work, it doesn't really affect the
Windows boot. Overwriting the Windows boot loader with grub strikes me as more
'radical', although in practice, either route is quite safe any more.  I wrote myself a
note about using the Windows boot loader at
http://petre.homedns.org/unix/dualboot_via_win.html that might be helpful.

Petre