[K12OSN] OT? Fixing an Open Proxy

Tim Litwiller tim at litwiller.net
Sun Jun 5 21:00:06 UTC 2005

opm.blitzed.org doens't list "open relays" it lists "open proxies"
So tho it is good to make sure your server isn't an open relay - that
won't fix your problem now.

You have to make sure that your proxy server will not allow outside
users access - or at leas not without a username password combo.

Check your squid configuration and then squidguard and or dansguardian.
If any of those are proxying from the external port you will get listed.

you will want to make sure they they are only bound to the internal ip
address of your server.