[K12OSN] Maildir imap server

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon Jun 6 02:48:04 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 19:59, Shawn Powers wrote:
> On Jun 5, 2005, at 12:38 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> > If you are using sendmail with procmail
> > doing local delivery (the default) you can do it with
> > /etc/procmailrc.
>
> That brings up another question:  I currently virus scan and spam
> scan via procmail recipes.  Is there a better way I should be doing
> it?  (ie, is a milter or some such thing more efficient?)

My favorite is using MimeDefang (http://www.mimedefang.org/)
as a sendmail milter with it using spamassassin and clam av
to scan at the system level, discarding viruses and rejecting
only very high spam scores but tagging the spamassassin score
in the header so individuals can choose their own level to
filter with procmail or outlook rules.

Running as a milter lets it reject at the SMTP level based
on the scan results (so you don't have to return a bounce
message) and will only do one scan for messages that get
delivered to multiple addresses.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com