[K12OSN] Accessing ESIS

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Tue Jun 7 03:21:19 UTC 2005

Eric Harrison wrote:

> Yes, we have some folks using eSIS w/K12LTSP. A couple of
> days ago Paul Nelson mentioned to me that it runs better
> on K12LTSP than it does on Windows.

Excellent.  Thanks, Eric (and Paul).

> We'll be testing the eSIS 8.0/Oracle 10G beta version real-soon-now.
> All of us working on it have Linux desktops.

I am very interested in hearing about this.  Hawaii is putting P4
computers in every classroom in order to give our teachers access to
eSIS.  I of course smell opportunity, and I want to go to bat something
fierce for a conversion of these boxes to terminal servers.  Other
experiences from various school districts will certainly help.

> -Eric

--scott